Are you looking to start a newsletter for your business? Email marketing is the best way to connect with your audience, build strong relationships, and turn them into paying customers.
Finding the best email newsletter software with all the features you need is essential for your success. And while each email marketing platform has a ton of features, choosing one might feel overwhelming.
But don’t worry. In this article, we compare the best email newsletter services for you, so you can engage with your visitors and grow your business.
What Is Email Marketing and Why Does It Matter?
Email marketing is an ideal way to get your message straight to the people that matter most to your business. You could be an eCommerce business trying to generate more leads by emailing your customers or a blogger sending your latest content to your readers.
Regardless of your industry, email marketing gets your message right into the inboxes of the people you want to see it. Furthermore, email marketing lets you connect with your audience after they’ve left your website.
Here are a few more reasons to give email marketing a try:
- Returning site visitors: The majority of people visiting and abandoning your website will never come back. When you build an email list and create emails, you can contact those people and send relevant content that draws them back to your site.
- Loyal followers: People who return to your website are more likely to become customers than first-time visitors.
- Increased revenue: Visitors who make a purchase resulting from email marketing outperform those who do so through search and social traffic. So email marketing is crucial for increasing sales.
Choosing the Best Email Newsletter Software
Finding the right email marketing software is crucial to working out what works best for your business. That said, just because one email marketing solution is popular doesn’t mean it’s the right fit for you.
Comparing one service to another is sure to be an overwhelming task, so we’ve done the hard work and detailed the critical aspects of an email marketing service to look out for.
When choosing the best email service, look for the following essential things:
- Easy to use: If an email marketing service isn’t easy enough for you to use, you won’t be able to achieve the results you need for your business. At the same time, the service you choose should have good customer support for when you need it.
- Automation features: All the best software on the market offer solutions to automate your email marketing campaigns. Look at the automation offered from each provider and work out, which suits your needs best.
- Different Industries: Some email services are geared towards specific industries. For example, Keap is aimed at marketing and sales, while ConvertKit is best for publishers. If a service isn’t aimed at your particular industry, you’ll need to find a solution that’s a better fit for your business.
- Overall price: Naturally, you’ll have a budget you need to stick to, so check the pricing for each service carefully before making a decision.
Now that you know what to look for let’s compare the best email newsletter services for your business.
10 Best Email Newsletter Service Providers
Constant Contact is an excellent email newsletter service for small businesses. It’s super-easy to use and suitable for all industries. So even if you’re a freelancer looking to secure new clients or a fashion retailer who wants to sell more products, it’s got everything you need to grow and improve your business.
You could even be a blogger looking to get your first 1,000 subscribers. Even so, this platform has everything you need.
With over 100 professionally designed email templates and sign-up forms, it’s easy to get started quickly. And the intuitive drag and drop email builder helps you build your newsletter in a matter of minutes.
You can also take advantage of the following excellent features:
- Automatically send personalized emails to your email list
- Upload your list from several places including Outlook, Gmail, and Excel for easy list management
- Keep track of unsubscribers, inactive email addresses, and bounced emails
- Discover where people are clicking on your emails with the heat-tracking feature
- Segment your email lists to improve open rates and clicks
- Make data-driven decisions based on campaign statistics which you can view in your dashboard
- Use excellent customer service in the form of live chat, email, phone support, and forums
- Learn from helpful articles published on the Constant Contact blog
You won’t need a credit card to give Constant Contact’s 60-day free trial a go. And if you’re happy with the service, the plans start at $20 per month.
Sendinblue is both an email marketing service and SMS software, created with simplicity and ease of use in mind. It offers everything you need to develop actionable email newsletters without getting weighed down by complicated settings.
Use any of the free responsive newsletter templates to build your emails and customize them with the drag and drop email builder. You can also access the HTML editor to tweak your custom design and create custom fields for your email.
Here are a few more of Sendinblue’s more advanced features:
- Help people receive their emails at the right time with 8 automation workflows
- Pick the best times to send your emails to specific subscribers and automate the campaigns.
- Use real-time statistics, heat mapping, A/B testing, and detailed reports to optimize your campaigns
- Customize your transactional emails and send personalized emails to customers
- Send your emails via text message with a few easy clicks
- Use the lead scoring features to rank your leads and email potential customers
- Utilize live chat software integrated into your account
Sendinblue has a free plan that provides unlimited storage for your contacts and 300 emails per day. This is ideal for giving the service a try to see if it’s the best solution for your business.
Then, to give it a go, the plans start at $23 per month.
To grow your newsletter lists, HubSpot offers a drag and drop builder to help you create optin forms or popups. You can even add live chat and chatbots to grow your email list with conversational chat.
No matter how people join your newsletter lists, HubSpot will save their details to the integrated CRM, where you can divide your contacts up into as many segments as needed and easily send them emails.
Here are some of the other great newsletter features that you get with HubSpot:
- Create emails easily with the drag and drop email builder
- View detailed email engagement analytics, including opens, clicks, and more
- Use built-in A/B testing and send-time optimization to improve your opens
- Available as a free WordPress plugin to send emails without leaving your WordPress dashboard
- Use powerful personalization options to customize your newsletters for each contact
- 99% email deliverability rate so that you can be confident your newsletters will make it to subscribers’ inboxes
- Access top-notch customer support via phone, live chat, or email
HubSpot’s free plan lets you send up to 2,000 emails per month for free with no credit card required.
After that, paid plans including live chat, and forms start at $45 per month.
Drip is the best email automation service for a variety of industries and business types. Bloggers, solopreneurs, eCommerce site owners, and marketers can use the platform to spark conversations with their audience.
More than a simple email newsletter service, Drip lets you have more in-depth conversations with your customers at the right time by understanding the intent behind their purchases and their behavior.
Plus, you can use the automated customer workflow to send SMS messages, show Facebook ads, and much more.
Here are a few more stellar features that Drip offers:
- Use customer behavior to segment your email lists
- Design emails easily with the drag and drop editor
- Increase email opens and click-through rates by sending customized email messages
- Get measurable data by tracking downloads, signups, requests for quotes, and more
- Keep track of your conversion rates to ensure you’re earning enough revenue
- View detailed reports right in your WordPress dashboard and export them when needed
Drip is available to try for free if your list has 100 or fewer subscribers.
If your list is larger than that or requires unlimited emails, plans start at $49 per month.
ConvertKit is the ultimate email newsletter software for bloggers and publishers, and it was designed specifically for creators like podcasters, YouTubers, bloggers, and so on. Regardless of your goals, ConvertKit aims to make email marketing as easy as possible, so you can achieve the success you desire for your brand.
With ConvertKit, you can choose from various customizable templates to create newsletters, signup forms, landing pages, and more. The visual automation builder guides you through creating automated email funnels to help move customers through the value journey.
Here’s what else you can enjoy when using ConvertKit:
- GDPR compliant forms with built-in lead magnet delivery and custom fields
- Increase conversions by segmenting your list and sending targeted, personalized emails
- Send your latest blog posts via email to your list as soon as you publish
- Prevent your emails from landing in spam folders by sending plain text emails
- Create personalized automated emails with the drag-and-drop sequence builder
- Use signup forms to encourage subscribers
- Enjoy an easy-to-use interface and a clean homepage dashboard
ConvertKit has a 14-day free trial, so you can try it before committing to any of their plans.
After that, plans start from $29 per month.
Moosend is a super-affordable and easy-to-use email newsletter service. With Moosend, even beginners can create beautiful emails with its drag and drop newsletter editor and over 40 free and responsive email newsletter templates.
Aside from basic email marketing features, Moosend also comes with powerful email marketing automation, landing pages, email subscription forms, and more.
For eCommerce businesses, you can take advantage of next-level personalization features like AI-powered product recommendations. This lets you send smart product recommendations based on subscribers’ previously viewed products and purchases.
Here are the other awesome features that come with Moosend:
- Send targeted emails with easy list segmentation
- A/B test emails to discover which variation works best
- View detailed email analytics and heatmaps to track results
- Learn more about your subscribers with behavioral analytics
- Go beyond basic personalization with AI-powered product recommendations
- Add video, images, countdown timers, and custom fonts to your emails
- Use workflow templates to automate cart abandonment, user onboarding, and more
Moosend offers a free plan that you can try for 30 days, although you won’t be able to send transactional emails.
After that, pricing starts at $9 per month for the Pro plan.
AWeber is among the most popular email newsletter services around, and it comes with all the tools you need to send newsletters from your business and connect with your audience. It comes with plenty of pre-built email newsletter templates, and its drag-and-drop email builder makes it easy to create successful campaigns.
Here’s what else you can achieve with AWeber’s robust features:
- Organize your emails based on opens or clicks with tags
- Make use of the vast storage space available
- Split test your emails and subject lines to discover what works best
- Deliver targeted emails based on subscriber activity and interests
- Send new blog posts automatically to your list subscribers
- Deliver an unlimited amount of emails with no send restrictions
- Choose from thousands of royalty-free stock photos to make your emails more engaging
AWeber has a 30-day free trial, so you can test out its features without spending a dime.
Then if it’s the right solution for you, plans start at $19 per month.
MailChimp is another popular email newsletter software used by thousands of businesses, from bloggers to marketers and retailers. But MailChimp isn’t merely an email newsletter service provider; it also comes with everything you need to convert website visitors into subscribers and paying customers.
Connecting your website to MailChimp is super simple, and you can also integrate with hundreds of apps you already use for your business. You can easily use their beautiful landing pages, signup forms, and Facebook ad templates to convert your visitors.
View all your data in one place in the MailChimp dashboard, so you can get real-time statistics and monitor your email return on investment with in-depth revenue reports.
Here are even more excellent features included in MailChimp:
- Use in conjunction with popular eCommerce platforms like Magento, WooCommerce, and Shopify
- Send targeted emails by segmenting contacts on your list
- Personalize your emails by making use of merge tags
- Schedule emails based on the location of users to improve click-throughs
- Use the autoresponder to build automatic emails based on user behavior
- Make use of pre-built templates for building your email newsletters
MailChimp offers a free service for users with lists of up to 2,000 contacts, so you can get to grips with the platform.
After that, plans begin at $10 per month based on the number of subscribers.
GetResponse is an email marketing tool that is super-popular with many businesses and easy to get to grips with. Its user interface is modern and streamlined, simplifying the email marketing process for beginners with no previous experience.
The drag and drop email builder makes crafting your email campaigns effortless. Plus, you can segment contacts to send emails to the right people at the correct times. That improves the chances of those people converting to paying customers.
GetResponse also includes the following powerful features:
- Use the behavior of contacts to automate your marketing efforts
- Make use of pre-designed templates to send customized email messages
- Use the platform to build and host webinars on your website
- Organize email campaigns by user habits and preferences with tags
- A/B test your emails to improve your results and increase conversions
- Create distraction-free landing pages to increase sales
- Integrate with top lead generation software such as Salesforce and OptinMonter
GetResponse has a 30-day free trial to help you get used to using the platform.
After your trial, plans begin at $15 per month.
MailerLite is the ideal email newsletter service for businesses on a strict budget. And its user-friendly platform is simple to use for marketers of all abilities, regardless of prior experience. With the drag and drop email builder, you can also create popup forms and landing pages, all while connecting easily with your WordPress website.
Getting started with MailerLite requires zero coding experience. Just choose from one of the free newsletter templates and customize your email from there. The double opt-in feature helps you secure subscriber consent and reduces the number of spam contacts on your list.
MailerLite also comes with the following great features:
- Display emails on any screen size with mobile-responsive designs
- Send personalized emails by segmenting your list with tags
- Use split-testing to optimize your emails and figure out what isn’t working for you
- Track email clicks and access detailed reports to analyze your results
- The management interface makes it easy to organize and filter your contacts
- Send automatic emails for newly published blog content
MailerLite is free for businesses with lists of 1,000 contacts, and less than 1200 email sends per month.
Then paid plans begin at $10 per month, increasing as your contacts increase.
Which Is the Best Email Newsletter Service?
The best email newsletter software depends on the needs of your business. That said, here are our conclusions when comparing the email marketing services above.
Constant Contact is the best newsletter software out of all the solutions in this article. It’s easy for complete beginners to use, has a lengthy free trial, and powerful automation features that all business types can use.
However, suppose you’re looking for the most affordable email newsletter service. In that case, HubSpot is a reliable option that includes all the tools you need to send personalized emails for free.
Tips To Get Email Subscribers Faster
After choosing an email marketing service for your business, you’ll probably want to start getting more email subscribers.
One tool we use on SeedProd is OptinMonster. It’s a powerful lead generation and conversion optimization toolkit that helps turn abandoning website visitors into email subscribers and customers.
You can integrate OptinMonster with almost all of the email services in this list and many more. From there, you can use its powerful campaign builder to create exit popups, floating bars, and more to boost subscribers.
Aside from OptinMonster, you can also use the following tools to grow your email list:
- WPForms – Use the best form builder plugin to create contact forms, survey forms, and more.
- SeedProd – Integrate SeedProd with your marketing service to create high-converting landing pages without code.
- RafflePress – With RafflePress, you grow your email list by running viral giveaway contests in WordPress.
In this article, we’ve compared the best email newsletter services available today to connect with your audience and grow your business.
But if you’d like a refresher on the benefits of building an email list, take a look at this article and learn how to create one today. You might also like this guide on how to create an email unsubscribe page.