Are you looking for the best WordPress page builder to customize your website? Page builders make designing and editing your site effortless. They also have easy-to-use features, so you won’t need any technical knowledge.
This article will show you the best WordPress page builders for creating your site quickly and with no coding required.
So how about we dive in and discover what to look for in a great drag-and-drop WordPress page builder?
What Is a WordPress Page Builder?
WordPress page builders are pieces of software that allow you to build web pages without writing code. Often, you can drag and drop elements to build different web designs without needing any technical knowledge or help from a developer.
Similarly, WordPress page builders are plugins specifically for WordPress websites. They enhance your website’s functionality with WordPress-specific features, designs, and lead generation tools.
You can find free page builder plugins in the WordPress.org plugin repository. There are also many premium page builders with enhanced functionality.
Why Use a Drag and Drop Page Builder?
WordPress page builders let you add any type of content to a new page using ready-made content elements like widgets, blocks, and modules. You can drag and drop that content with a few clicks, saving you from hiring a developer to code that functionality manually.
Page builders also help developers improve their workflow when creating custom designs. That means they can work faster, allowing them to serve more customers.
How to Choose the Best WordPress Page Builder Plugin
It gets tricky to figure out which WordPress site builder is best for you. There are so many page builder plugins available for WordPress; it’s hard to know which one to choose.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when browsing the options:
- Compatibility: If you don’t want to change your theme, you’ll need to find a page builder that works with your existing WordPress theme. Otherwise, you could run into issues where your design doesn’t look right or your theme breaks. Most of the builders on this list are compatible with most themes and revert to the original WordPress editor if there’s a problem.
- Mobile responsiveness: To ensure your website adapts to all screen sizes, you’ll need a mobile-friendly page builder. Again, all the options in this article are mobile responsive. But if you choose a plugin that isn’t included in this post, make sure this feature is available.
- Search engine optimization (SEO): Being able to optimize your content for search engines is a crucial feature to look out for. When used with an SEO plugin, the page builders below make it easy to optimize your content.
- Stand-out features: The top WordPress page builders should make it easy to design and customize your site in real time. The drag-and-drop editor should include styling options, templates, and other content elements.
A good page builder is easy to use, mobile-responsive, SEO-friendly, and has easy customization options.
Let’s look at the best WordPress page builders available for WordPress users with all that in mind.
Best WordPress Page Builders with Drag and Drop Editing
After looking at many of the page builders available for WordPress, we’ve handpicked the best solutions and reviewed them for you below.
If you want to create high-converting landing pages without hiring a developer, or a completely custom WordPress theme, this is the best choice for your WordPress website.
SeedProd’s visual editor comes with hundreds of landing page templates and starter themes to help you get started quickly. This makes it easy to create a professionally designed:
- Sales page
- Webinar pages
- Newsletter sign-up page
- Thank you page
- Blog page
- Custom sidebars
- Headers and footers
- and more.
Plus, they’ll look stunning right out of the box.
SeedProd also includes pre-made page modes, including maintenance mode, a coming soon page mode, login page, and 404 web pages. Turning them on and off takes just a single click, and you can customize the design however you like.
Growing leads and conversions for your small business is just as easy. SeedProd integrates with the most popular email marketing services. It also connects to Google Analytics and Zapier to keep your marketing efforts on track.
Best of all, SeedProd’s landing page builder plugin won’t slow down your website. It’s bloat-free with minimal code and lightning-fast to work with, unlike other builders that lag and are unresponsive.
- Powerful drag-and-drop WordPress page builder with live mobile and desktop previews.
- Create a custom WordPress theme with website kits without hiring a developer.
- Customizable landing page templates you can edit with no coding needed in the backend of your site.
- Create complete eCommerce websites with WooCommerce template tags
- Content blocks and sections with pre-made templates like opt-in forms, countdown timers, giveaways, login forms, accordions, and custom HTML.
- Built-in coming soon, maintenance, login, and 404 modes.
- Easy layout navigation, color schemes, and font combinations with custom CSS.
- Undo, redo, save, and reuse templates and landing page blocks
- Access controls to decide who can and can’t see specific pages.
- Track page subscribers with or without an email marketing service.
- Premium integrations with popular email providers, Google Analytics, and Zapier.
- 100% mobile responsive WordPress plugin.
Pricing: SeedProd also offers the best free page builder for WordPress on the market. However, we recommend using the pro version for all the advanced features to help your business website grow. The pricing for SeedProd starts at $39.50 per year for 1 site.
2. Beaver Builder – Minimal Page Builder
Beaver Builder is another must-have WordPress page builder for beginners, bloggers, and marketers. Its user-friendly interface is easy to navigate, and there’s a wide range of professionally designed templates to get you started. This is pretty handy since a well-designed landing page is vital for increasing conversions.
Beaver Builder also now works alongside the WordPress block editor (Gutenberg).
- Drag and drop frontend editor for designing your pages in real-time
- Over 30 landing page templates to tweak and make your own
- Tons of content templates to help create your about page, contact page, blog, and more
- Many modules you can drag to your pages, such as galleries, sliders, testimonials, buttons, etc
- Lets you add contact forms to your site via WordPress widgets and shortcodes
- Beaver Builder lite and its live demo let you try all the features before you commit to buying
Cost: Pricing starts at $99 for unlimited websites.
You can learn even more in this detailed review of Beaver Builder. The advanced plans include white labeling for larger businesses.
3. Divi by Elegant Themes – WordPress Theme Builder
The Divi WordPress page builder plugin by Elegant Themes lets you create stunning page layouts for your site in true visual style. And because the builder’s at the core of the Divi WordPress theme, you’ll have access to Elegant Theme’s premium products.
- Many content modules for unlimited design possibilities
- The drag and drop interface is easy to use, even for beginners
- Includes tons of professionally built templates for different site types
- You can customize everything from fonts and colors to sizing and spacing
- Import and export layouts for future use
- Content elements such as pricing tables, audio players, and calls to action add diversity to your design
As we mentioned above, the Divi builder plugin is part of a yearly Elegant Themes membership. So you’ll need to buy a subscription to use it.
Cost: Pricing for Divi starts at $89/year for unlimited sites. But there’s also lifetime access for $249.
4. Elementor – WordPress Drag-and-Drop Website Builder
Elementor is a free, open-source drag-and-drop page builder for WordPress. And with over 2 million active installs, it’s one of the best WordPress editors for sprucing up your WordPress website. With the drag-and-drop interface, you can rearrange any element in real time and make easy edits with minimal fuss.
- Over 300 different elements for building amazing website pages including carousels, testimonials, forms, and more.
- Hide or show elements in the mobile view to ensure your design is mobile-friendly
- Built-in popup builder for Elementor Pro
- Maintenance mode is built-in, so you can show a coming soon page or even under construction pages to visitors while making changes
- 100+ beautifully designed landing page templates to suit a variety of website types
- Theme builder to design your own theme with Elementor’s website editor
- The revision history feature makes it easy to go back and undo changes if you make a mistake
Cost: Elementor is free to use. But, you can unlock further customization with the premium version, Elementor Pro, which starts at $49 a year for 1 website. You can check out our detailed Elementor review and tutorial for more information.
5. Visual Composer – Website Layout Editor
Visual Composer has to be one of the most popular WordPress page builder plugins with drag and drop functionality. As a complete website builder, it’s an excellent tool for beginners and developers to customize their sites.
- Works with almost all WordPress themes as well as the new block editor
- Intuitive design options let you take control of your site design with no coding needed. Change backgrounds and colors, add smart parallax effects, and more
- Compatible with custom post types so you can add variety to your site
- Includes professionally designed templates and content elements
- Use flexible rows and grid templates to position your content
- Works alongside WooCommerce so you can build beautiful online stores
Cost: Pricing for Visual Composer starts at $49/year for a single site.
Themify Builder is another free WordPress page builder plugin. Created by Themify, you can use it to build simple website pages quickly. Even better, there’s an addon bundle available at a decent price point should you need extra features.
- 60+ pre-built animation effects and layouts for easy page design
- Undo and redo changes if you’re not completely satisfied with your layout
- Copy modules to other pages for reusing elsewhere on your website
- Add a variety of map styles to WordPress with the Maps Pro addon
- Take advantage of over 25 other addons like Slider Pro, Bar Chart, Contact, and more
Cost: The free version doesn’t cost a thing, while the addon bundle starts at $39.
Verdict: Which WordPress Page Builder Is The Best?
After looking at all the excellent page builders on offer, which is the best WordPress editor?
Our verdict is that SeedProd is the best WordPress page builder for its features and ease of use. It works with most WordPress themes and requires no coding skills at all. It has everything you need with tons of design elements, a broad range of pre-built templates, and a powerful visual editor.
SeedProd also has a free version you can try to get a feel for how it works. What more could you ask for?
Page Builder FAQ
What other popular page builders are available?
Do I need a page builder if I’m using the WordPress block editor?
The WordPress block editor, also known as Gutenberg, has blocks that look similar to the page builders in this post. However, it isn’t a complete page builder quite yet because it lacks essential features that the most powerful page builders offer.
So yes, you will need a page builder if you want to create custom designs easily, without coding.
Which free page builder is best for WordPress?
We think that SeedProd offers the best free page builder for WordPress when it comes to free page builders. It comes with everything you need to create top-performing landing pages and doesn’t cost a penny.
Which WordPress Page Builder is the fastest?
Is SeedProd better than Elementor?
Both WordPress page builders offer similar features and integrations. However, the process of building websites and integrating email marketing services is easier with SeedProd.
Can you build a website with SeedProd?
Yes. You can build any type of website with SeedProd’s website kits and WordPress page builder.
And that’s it!
We hope this article helped you discover the best WordPress page builder so you can create and manage your site with ease.
And if you’re looking for more best WordPress plugins to extend the functionality of your site, check this showcase out.