9 Best Google Analytics Plugins for WordPress in 2021 (Free & Premium)
Google Analytics is a great way to help you make data-driven decisions to improve your website. But adding it to WordPress can be tricky.
That’s why many site owners look for the best Google Analytics WordPress plugin to make the process easier. While there are tons of plugins available for WordPress analytics online, they’re not all created equal.
With this in mind, we’ve shortlisted some of the best Google Analytics plugins for WordPress. So you can get the data you need to boost your website growth.
Do You Need Google Analytics on Your Website?
Wondering if you need Google Analytics on your WordPress site?
If you’re serious about getting the best results for your business, it’s one of the best things you can do.
Google Analytics is a free website analytics tool that tracks how many people visit your website.
It also allows you to:
- See the different demographics of your site visitors
- Learn how people find your website
- Find out which of your posts and pages get the most traffic
- See stats about what’s happening on your site in real-time
- Track inbound and outbound links to your site
You can take this information and use it to make data-driven decisions for your business and marketing strategy.
By connecting your WordPress site to Google Analytics with a plugin, it adds your Analytics tracking ID to every page of your website automatically. This is much easier than adding Google Analytics manually.
So if you’re not very technical and would like the help of a plugin, here’s our list of the best Google Analytics plugins for WordPress.
Best Google Analytics Plugins for WordPress
This is a pretty long article, so here’s a table of contents to help you find the best Google Analytics plugin for WordPress. Click any heading to jump right to it.
- GA Google Analytics
- Enhanced Ecommerce Google Analytics
- Google Analytics by 10Web
- WP Google Analytics Events
- WP Statistics
1. MonsterInsights – Best Google Analytics Plugin
Price: Free | Premium: $99.50/ year
MonsterInsights is the best Google Analytics dashboard plugin for WordPress and has over 2 million active installs. With its’ seamless integration into WordPress and impressive features, it offers an easy way to track your WordPress website’s data.
MonsterInsights lets you add Google Analytics to WordPress without touching a single line of code. Then, you can check your sites’ Google Analytics reports right from your WordPress dashboard. Best of all, you can use advanced Google Analytics tracking features without customizing your tracking code.
MonsterInsights shows all the data you need to make smart decisions to grow your business.
MonsterInsights WordPress Plugin Features
- View your website’s traffic details from the WordPress dashboard.
- Get detailed demographic reports of your visitors.
- See the visitor’s journey from how they found your website to what makes them convert.
- Unlock event tracking, which helps you discover if your CTA (call-to-action) is getting clicked.
- Get GDPR-compliant with the help of an EU Compliance add-on.
- Track form views, form submissions, and your form conversion rates.
- Integrate with Google Ads to show ad campaign data in your dashboard.
- Track custom dimensions for authors, categories, tags, and more with a single click.
- Connect Google Analytics eCommerce tracking with WooCommerce, to see data such as your conversion rate, transactions, and average order value.
These are some of the attractive features of MonsterInsights. If you want, you can find out more on the features page.
MonsterInsights is a goliath in comparison to other WordPress plugins for Google Analytics. Its free to use but if you decide to get its premium version it will only cost you $99.50/year.
You can get started with MonsterInsights here.
ExactMetrics is another contender for the best Google Analytics plugin for WordPress. It has over 1 million downloads, which speaks volumes. Just like MonsterInsights, this plugin lets you install Google Analytics in WordPress with a single click.
Then you can view all the data from your WordPress dashboard. ExactMetrics is completely free, but it doesn’t support integration with other plugins like:
- Google Ads
- Google Adsense, and others.
Despite that, it’s a solid Google Analytics tool for WordPress especially if you are looking for a free option.
- Track your visitors from your WordPress dashboard. View details like bounce rate, page views, organic searches, outbound links, mobile site data, and referral data.
- Track events on your desktop site and your AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) site.
- Get real-time stats such as traffic sources and acquisition channels from your WordPress dashboard.
- Optimize your pages with the help of detailed post and page reports.
- Track affiliate links, downloads, and form submissions.
You can check out their features page for more information. ExactMetrics may not be as feature-rich as MonsterInsights, but it’s still a great WordPress analytics plugin and gets the job done.
Get started with ExactMetrics here!
Price: Free | Premium: $15 one-off
GA Google Analytics is a simple, light-weight, GDPR-compliant, and popular Google Analytics plugin. Its main purpose is to help you add the Google Analytics tracking code on every page of your website. It won’t display any data or insights like other plugins, but it does its job well.
This Google Analytics WordPress plugin is ideal for those who know how to extract the data you need from Google. And if you don’t want any extra information on your WordPress dashboard, you won’t find that feature with this plugin.
GA Google Analytics Plugin Features
- Lets you easily add the Google Analytics tracking code on your website.
- It gives visitors the option to opt-out of sharing their data. You won’t be able to track the users who opt-out.
- Configures multiple tracking codes to help you track your links better.
- Disables tracking for users that are logged in the admin area.
Price: Free | Premium: $39/year
Analytify is a popular Google Analytics plugin for WordPress. You can add Google Analytics to your website with just one click. Analytify has 2 million downloads, which is proof that this plugin is popular with the WordPress community.
The only drawback is the free version is fairly limited, and if you want to get all the features, you’ll have to buy the premium version.
It also lacks more advanced features like,
- WordPress category tracking
- affiliate link tracking
- file download tracking, and more.
Analytify Plugin Features
- Analytify allows you to track real-time visitors from your WordPress dashboard. You can also get the reports of individual pages, posts, and custom types.
- It supports a lot of addons if you go for the premium versions. You can get addons for tracking WooCommerce sales, Easy Digital Downloads, and UTM campaign tracking.
- Analytify sends automated reports of your site’s general statistics to your assigned email address.
Price: Free | Premium: $135 one-off
This analytics solution is a good choice for people running online stores. That’s because it’s a plugin that specializes in tracking the performance of WooCommerce stores.
Enhanced Ecommerce Google Analytics plugin is specially designed for eCommerce sites. The plugin offers the most detailed insights into customer behavior, product, and sales statistics. But just like Analytify, if you want to use this plugin to its full potential you will have to get the premium version.
Enhanced Ecommerce Google Analytics Plugin Features
- Track product clicks, impressions, add to cart events, and more.
- Sends performance and behavior reports of shopping, checkouts, products, and sales.
- Optimize pages based on the data by integrating with Google Analytics eCommerce tracking feature.
Price: Free | Premium: starts at $30
Just like MonsterInsights, Google Analytics by 10Web also offers integration with Google Ads and Adsense. This gives you important data about your ad campaigns and your general site’s data in the same dashboard.
Google Analytics by 10Web Features:
- Set goals and manage goals from your admin area
- Integrates Google Adsense and Google Ads for exporting data to your dashboard
- Download analytical reports in CSV format.
- Tracks eCommerce sales, shows custom notifications on trigger and generates custom tracking codes with eCommerce analytics feature.
Price: Free | Premium: starts at $79/year
To be clear, WP Google Analytics Events isn’t a typical WordPress Google Analytics plugin. It won’t show you your site’s data, but it’s an amazing plugin to track events that occur on your website.
You can easily set up events and observe the behavior of WordPress users and visitors. You can then track the number of clicks your CTA (call to action) gets and how far the visitor scrolled down your page. It’s also possible to track affiliate links and form submissions.
The only drawback is that it’s a little complicated to set up. So, you will need additional knowledge on how event tracking works.
WP Google Analytics Events Features
- Helps you track links and form submissions.
- Compares the performance of two different CTAs on your page.
- Helps you set up custom events.
- Allows you to track YouTube and Vimeo videos if you use the premium version of the plugin.
WP Statistics is a powerful but simple WordPress analytics plugin that helps you track all visitor activity on your WordPress dashboard. This plugin is good with geographical and content reports. Along with that, it shows your real-time website metrics. Even better, you can get all of these features for free!
This is not a Google Analytics plugin, but it has its own advantages. With WP Statistics, you won’t have to configure Google Analytics, and your website’s data won’t be shared with anyone.
This is possible because WP Statistics tracks and keeps all the data on your WordPress site, sharing it with no-one but you. This also increases your WordPress backup size, but you can delete the old data to keep the storage costs manageable.
WP Statistics Features
- View all of the stats from your WordPress dashboard.
- Tracks redirects coming in from search engines like Google, Bing, and Yandex.
- Lets you filter data any way you want. You can filter it by location, browser versions, keywords, IPs, and more.
- Emails all the statistics of your WordPress website to keep you updated at all times.
Matomo is a popular Google Analytics alternative. One big difference between Matomo and Google Analytics is that Matomo does not share their data if you opt-out. If you’re running a website that advocates privacy, then this plugin could be a good option for you.
Matomo has all the basic functionality of an analytical plugin. It allows you to track your visitors on your website. And it works the same as Google Analytics by showing you detailed reports on traffic sources, keywords, geo-locations, and other metrics.
The WordPress plugin helps you add the tracking code to your website, after which you can view reports from your WordPress dashboard. You can try Matomo for free, but if you want to keep your user tracking feature, you will eventually have to get the pro version.
- Gives you real-time stats of your website which you can view on your WordPress dashboard.
- Supports heatmaps, session recording, A/B testing, and form analytics.
- Helps in making your website GDPR compliant.
- Adds the tracking code on your website with the help of Matomo’s WordPress plugin.
Which is the Best Google Analytics Plugin for WordPress?
After carefully analyzing the best Google Analytics plugins for WordPress in our list we have concluded that MonsterInsights is the best WordPress plugin for Google Analytics.
It has an excellent free version and a comprehensive premium version. With its huge list of features, MonsterInsights makes optimizing your website very easy. But don’t take our word for it, you can try MonsterInsights out yourself right now. Once you start using it you will never want to switch to another plugin again.
We hope our article on the best Google Analytics Plugin was useful. We have listed the best of the best and you can’t go wrong with anyone of the plugins you choose from this list.
If you have any questions or if you think we missed out on a few good plugins then do let us know in the comments below.