Want to know how to create a video landing page in WordPress?
We’re avid fans of videos here because they’re a fantastic way to get your point across quickly. But when you couple them with a landing page, you’ve got the perfect recipe to engage short attention spans and persuade users to take the action you want.
They’re so powerful we just had to share our process of how to create a video landing page in WordPress to help convert your visitors into paying customers.
In This Guide
- What Is a Video Landing Page?
- Why Create a Video Landing Page?
- How to Create a Video Landing Page WordPress
- Step 1. Install SeedProd WordPress Landing Page Builder
- Step 2. Create a New Landing Page
- Step 3. Choose a Video Landing Page Template
- Step 4. Add Your Landing Page Video Content
- Step 5. Customize Your Video Page Design
- Step 6. Integrate Your Email Marketing Service
- Step 7. Configure Your Page Settings
- Step 8. Check Your Page is Mobile Responsive
- Step 9. Publish Your Video Landing Page in WordPress
- What Are Some Video Landing Page Best Practices?
- Promoting Your Landing Page
- How to Create a Video Landing Page: FAQ
Before we start, let’s look at what video landing pages are.
What Is a Video Landing Page?
A professional video landing page is a web page designed for businesses and individuals who want to make a lasting impact and create a strong brand presence. It features a video as the main element or centerpiece of the page with the purpose of capturing viewer’s attention and engaging them with the video content.
You can create video pages as a part of a marketing campaign to promote a product, service, or event. The video on your page may include a product demo, a call to action, or a message encouraging viewers to take specific actions, such as signing up for a newsletter or purchasing a product.
The best video landing pages are designed to be highly focused and to keep people’s attention. They typically have minimal distractions, such as navigation menus or other links that might cause viewers to leave. This helps to increase the likelihood that they’ll watch the entire video and take the desired action.
Here are the different types of videos you can use in your digital marketing strategy:
- Animated video walkthrough
- Q & A supporting video
- Explainer videos
- Webinar welcome video
- Free trial promo
- Event preview video
- Quick tutorial video
- Testimonial videos
- 360° Video
- Giveaway promo video
Why Create a Video Landing Page?
Video landing page creation is a powerful tactic for businesses and organizations. Here’s why:
- People are more likely to watch a video than read a block of text, so using a video on your landing page can help engage your audience and hold their attention. This means they’re more likely to take the action you want them to, like signing up for a newsletter or purchasing a product.
- Engaging video landing pages can help improve conversion rates. By including a clear call to action and persuasive messaging, you can encourage viewers to take action and achieve a higher conversion rate.
- Video pages can also help build brand awareness and recognition. By creating a high-quality video that showcases your brand’s personality, values, and unique selling proposition, you can create a memorable impression on your audience and build a stronger relationship with them.
- Video content is favored by search engines like Google, which means creating a video landing page can help improve your website’s search engine rankings. This can lead to more organic traffic and more potential customers.
- Lastly, a video page provides a better user experience for your audience. People prefer visual and interactive content that is easy to understand and engage with. By providing a video on your landing page, you can build trust and credibility with your audience, leading to long-term loyalty and repeat business.
Here are some landing page examples to show you what we mean.
Whatever your goal as a content marketer, great videos should persuade anyone watching the video that your solution is the best fit and convert them into leads.
Now that you know what a video landing page is and the reasons for using one, let’s explore how to make one in WordPress.
How to Create a Video Landing Page WordPress
You might think that learning how to create a video landing page in WordPress is tricky. But with the right tools, you’ll find it’s pretty easy.
There are many excellent landing page builders on the market, such as Unbounce, but often, these solutions are expensive and are harder to use in WordPress.
We’ll use SeedProd to show you how to create a video landing page design in this tutorial.
You can build your page with pre-built landing page blocks and sections. Plus, it comes with a library of customizable landing page templates designed to make getting started easy.
SeedProd integrates with popular email marketing services and marketing automation platforms to help grow your email list. It also works seamlessly with any WordPress theme and WooCommerce for top-performing eCommerce stores.
Best of all, it’s bloat-free, with minimal code. It means your page loads lightning fast, helping to boost your page rankings and conversion rates.
Here’s how to make video landing pages in WordPress with SeedProd step-by-step.
Step 1. Install SeedProd WordPress Landing Page Builder
The first step in learning how to create a video landing page is to get the SeedProd plugin. Click here to get started with SeedProd and download the plugin to your computer. After downloading SeedProd, you’ll need to install and activate it on your WordPress website.
Note: There is a free version of SeedProd; however, we’re using the pro pricing plan for the advanced features.
If you need help, you can follow these instructions to install a WordPress plugin.
After activating the plugin, you’ll see the SeedProd welcome page. This page will ask you to enter your SeedProd license key, which you’ll find in your registered email address’s inbox.
Paste the license key into the field provided and click Verify Key.
Next, scroll down the page and click the Create Your First Page button.
Step 2. Create a New Landing Page
On the next screen, you’ll see the SeedProd landing page dashboard.
Along the top are 3 different modes you can enable with a single click, including:
- Coming Soon Mode – To enable and create a coming soon page in WordPress.
- Maintenance Mode – To put WordPress in maintenance mode.
- 404 Page – To create a custom 404 error landing page.
Under that section is a list of the landing pages you’ve created with SeedProd. You won’t see any just yet because you’re just getting started.
To create your first landing page, click the Add New Landing Page button.
Step 3. Choose a Video Landing Page Template
You can filter the templates by clicking one of the following options at the top:
Or you can use the search box to filter your results to show only video landing page templates.
Many of SeedProd’s pre-built landing page templates feature a hero video embed as part of the design. Here are the best video landing page examples from the template library:
Video Squeeze Page Template
Webinar 2 Video Landing Page Template
Webinar 3 Video Page Template
Webinar 4 Video Landing Page Template
Real Estate Squeeze Page Template
Or you can customize any template to include video embeds by adding a video block anywhere on the page (more on that coming up). You can even use the blank template to create a free video landing page with SeedProd Lite.
We’ll use the Real Estate Squeeze page to show you how to make a video landing page.
So, hover your mouse over the template thumbnail and click the tick icon to launch the template.
You’ll then see a popup asking you to enter your landing page name and URL. You can change these details later if you like.
Now click the Save and Start Editing the Page button to open your template in SeedProd’s drag-and-drop visual editor.
Step 4. Add Your Landing Page Video Content
The visual editor has 2 sections. On the left-hand side of the screen are the landing page blocks you can drag and drop onto your page preview on the right.
The page preview gives you a real-time overview of how your landing page will look. You can also click any page element to view its settings in the left-hand panel.
SeedProd’s page elements are called landing page blocks and have 2 categories: Standard and Advanced.
Standard blocks are the basic building blocks of your page and include design elements like images, videos, buttons, columns, heading, text, and more.
The Advanced blocks make lead generation easier. With a few clicks, you can add:
- Subscription forms to collect email addresses
- Giveaway widgets to increase brand awareness
- Call-top-action buttons (CTA)
- Contact forms for feedback and questions
- Countdown timers to generate urgency
- Social media profiles to grow your social media followers (like LinkedIn, Facebook, etc)
- Customer testimonials for social proof and to build trust
- And more.
Start adding content to your page by dragging different blocks over to where you’d like to place them. You can also edit the existing template content and replace it with your own.
For instance, you can edit the existing video content by clicking it. That will open the settings panel on the left, where you can select your video type (YouTube or Custom like Vimeo) and paste your video URL.
You can also adjust the video width and alignment with the handy slider.
Clicking the Advanced tab allows you to control the video styles and spacing settings to get it looking just right. You can even add animations to your video to make pop.
You can even replace this with our Video Popup block, which offers more customization options, including:
- Mute the video sound on page load
- Display a video popup that sticks to the bottom right-hand side as you scroll
- Add a muted teaser with an alert banner to the video
- Enable a video lightbox popup
- And more.
Adding a clear call to action is another great way to improve conversions on your landing page.
Many of SeedProd’s landing page blocks also let you choose from several pre-made block templates. This allows you to change a block’s style and design with a single click.
For instance, if you click the Optin Form block and navigate to the Templates tab, you’ll see 7 different form field styles. Just click one you like to add it to your form.
As well as blocks and templates, SeedProd offers ready-made page sections. These are individual page areas that are already designed for you. This means you won’t need to build them block by block.
You can add page sections for:
For example, you could add a FAQ section, as we did below, to give potential customers the information they need to make a purchase decision.
As with the landing page blocks, clicking a section shows the different settings available, like background, color, spacing, and more.
Keep adding content to your page until you’re happy with how it looks.
Step 5. Customize Your Video Page Design
With your video landing page content in place, you can move on to customizing your page to suit your website’s branding.
SeedProd makes this easy with the global settings page. To find this page, click the gear icon in the bottom-left corner of your screen.
You customize your landing page colors, fonts, background, and custom CSS on the Global Settings page.
You can edit your header and body fonts and weights in the Fonts section.
You can also click the Font Themes button to view unlimited Google Font combinations and a curated list of which fonts work well together.
The Colors section is similar in that you can select global colors for your page headers, text, buttons, links, and backgrounds.
Alternatively, you can click the Color Palettes button to see 20+ professionally designed color palettes and instantly add them to your page.
In the Background section, you can set a global background video style, color, and gradient. It’s also possible to upload a full-screen background image, video background, or slideshow.
The last section is the Custom CSS area, where you can enter your CSS styles to customize your page further.
When you’re happy with how your landing page looks, click the green Save button in the top-right corner of your screen.
Step 6. Integrate Your Email Marketing Service
If one of your goals in learning how to create a video landing page is to grow your email list, you’ll want to be able to connect your email marketing service, which is easy with SeedProd’s email integrations.
Just click the Connect tab at the top of your screen and select your preferred email provider from the list. You can then follow the on-screen instructions to verify and link your account.
It’s also possible to set up Google Analytics Recaptcha and connect to Zapier on this page. That means you can connect instantly to thousands of marketing tools and CRM services, like HubSpot, Salesforce, and more.
Don’t have an email provider? No problem!
SeedProd’s subscriber management allows you to collect email addresses even if you don’t already have a list. SeedProd will store their details in the Subscribers Overview whenever anyone signs up via your landing page.
You can view your subscribers by clicking SeedProd » Subscribers from your WordPress dashboard.
Step 7. Configure Your Page Settings
Next, you’ll need to configure your landing page settings. From the visual editor, click the Page Settings tab to view them.
The General settings allow you to change your landing page name and URL and set your page status as in Draft or Published.
You can also enable Isolation Mode, which launches your page with only the scripts needed to render it to users. This is useful for detecting any WordPress theme or plugin conflicts and improving page performance.
You can add custom header, body, and footer scripts to your landing page in the Scripts section, such as your Facebook tracking pixel.
Don’t forget to click Save before moving on.
Step 8. Check Your Page is Mobile Responsive
Your video landing page should look good and function well, no matter the device you view it on. Checking that your page is mobile-friendly is crucial in the development process.
To view your page on mobile with SeedProd, click the mobile phone icon in the bottom-right section of your screen.
You can now see what your page looks like on mobile devices.
If anything doesn’t look the way it should, you can adjust your design in the mobile view, as you would in the desktop view. Any changes you make apply to both versions of your page.
Remember: If your video is above the fold before users have to scroll, they’re more likely to watch it and engage with your content.
To switch back to the desktop view, click the desktop icon.
Step 9. Publish Your Video Landing Page in WordPress
After checking that your landing page is responsive, you’re ready to make it live on your WordPress site.
Click the down arrow next to the green Save button and click Publish to do that.
An overlay will appear, telling you that your page is live.
Click the See Live Page button to see how it looks.
Here is a video landing page example that we made following the steps above:
What Are Some Video Landing Page Best Practices?
After discovering how to create a custom video landing page, you may want to know about video landing page optimization. Here are some best landing page practices to ensure your video marketing in WordPress succeeds:
- Keep it short: Your video should be short enough to engage visitors but not so long that they won’t move to the next step.
- Choose a great thumbnail: Make your thumbnail irresistible to ensure users press play. Consider adding a human face and personalizing it with the visitor’s name.
- Avoid autoplay: Automatic playback turns people off and can result in them closing your page. Ensure you have the autoplay function turned off to avoid that.
- Don’t JUST use video: Your landing page should include more than a standalone video. Include supporting copy, testimonials, and CTA buttons to maximize video landing page conversions.
- Check load times: Your landing page needs to load quickly to keep visitors’ attention. A 100-millisecond delay in website page speed can decrease conversion rates by 7%.
- Optimize for SEO: Use keyword-rich captions, metadata, and copy to 4nsure your page ranks in Google search results.
- Test it all: A/B split test your landing page elements to see what works best, including your CTA, video length, placement, thumbnails, etc.
Promoting Your Landing Page
Simply learning how to create an effective video landing page isn’t enough to drive engagement and sales. What matters most is how you promote it to your target audience.
Let’s dive into some strategies to elevate the visibility of your landing page:
- Social media: Share your video landing page on your social media channels, such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. You can also use social media ads to promote your landing page to a wider audience.
- Email marketing: Send your email subscribers an email with a link to your landing page. You can also use email marketing to promote your landing page to people who have already visited your website.
- Pay-per-click advertising: Use pay-per-click (PPC) advertising to drive traffic to your video landing page. PPC ads are displayed at the top of search engine results pages (SERPs) when someone searches for a keyword that is relevant to your page.
- Content marketing: Create blog posts, infographics, and other content that links to your video page. This will help you attract visitors to your landing page who are interested in your video topic.
- Attend events: If you’re attending a trade show or other event, be sure to promote your video page to attendees. You can do this by handing out business cards with a link to your landing page or by displaying a banner or sign with a link.
- Word-of-mouth: Encourage your customers and other contacts to share your video page with their friends and colleagues. You can do this by offering them a discount or other incentive for referring new customers to your business.
How to Create a Video Landing Page: FAQ
Your video should be no longer than 90 seconds. It should be short enough to convey essential information but not so long that visitors lose interest.
Your video should fit the content width of your landing page and be in the correct aspect ratio to avoid distortion. You should also ensure your video is mobile responsive so it displays correctly on different devices.
Shorter videos get more views because 5% of visitors will stop watching after 1 minute and 60% after 2 minutes.
Videos that play automatically can be frustrating for visitors if there isn’t an easy way to pause it. However, some visitors may not realize they need to click to play your video. With that in mind, it’s best to A/B test the autoplay feature to see what your visitors prefer.
You should put your landing page video above the fold on your page. This will ensure people see it immediately and you get the maximum engagement.
You can use analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, to monitor your landing page’s performance. Track metrics like conversion rate, bounce rate, and average time on page to gauge how effectively your video page is engaging and converting visitors.
Ensure that your video has a descriptive title, use relevant keywords in your page content and meta tags, and include a video transcript if possible. Additionally, make sure your page loads quickly and is mobile-friendly.
We hope this article helped you learn how to create a video landing page in WordPress.
Making any WordPress landing page is easy with SeedProd. With the drag-and-drop page builder, landing page templates, and pre-built designs, you can create high-converting pages in just a few minutes no coding required!
Thanks for reading! We’d love to hear your thoughts, so please feel free to leave a comment with any questions and feedback.