Getting Started with Integrating Mailchimp
To get started collecting emails from your Optin Form, follow the steps below to connect your Mailchimp account.
- Click Connect from the plugin dashboard.
- Select Mailchimp from the list of Email Integrations and click Connect New Account.
- Click the Get Mailchimp API Key to log in to your Mailchimp account.
- Next, get your API Key for the plugin. You can find this within your Mailchimp account dashboard by going to Account > Extras > API Keys.Mailchimp Guide > About API Keys: Find or generate your API key
- Then, enter the API Key in the plugin and click the Connect button.
- That’s it! You can begin collecting emails to build your emailing list in Mailchimp.
- If your Optin form doesn’t work after setting up your Mailchimp integration, there may be an audience field that is marked as required (an “address” field) which is not used in our integration.You may quickly check and fix this issue by deselecting any required field (except the “email”) within your Mailchimp Audience Settings > Audience fields and *|MERGE|* tags dashboard. You can find your Audience > Settings dashboard by clicking on the Manage Audience dropdown menu at the top-right corner of your Audience dashboard.